I'm off to Las Vegas again for our annual sales conference OTC. That stands for One Team Conference, where our business development, sales and reseller community gets together to see the new products and plan for the upcoming year. I'm going just for one day to present what is new with AutoCAD P&ID 2010 and to give a Plant 3D preview.
Just briefly, the new items in AutoCAD P&ID 2010 are :
- User Interface Enhancements - particularly the Ribbon
- Restricted access to Project setup - only the people with write access can get into setup
- Project specific tool palettes setup - making the tool palette changes when the project changes
- Curved Schematic Lines - for those rare times you need to draw curved pipelines
- Inline Equipment Improvements - improving behavior when equipment is placed in the middle of existing lines
- End Connections for Inline Instruments - for example, being about to show control valves as flanged
- Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS) Instrumentation Symbols - we're selling in Japan!
- Integrated P&ID and Plant 3D environment
This last one will make more sense when we actually release a Plant 3D . . .stay tuned . . .