Autodesk today announced the Availability of Plant Design Suite 2016.
Autodesk Plant Design Suite 2016 provides intelligent 3D modeling documentation and review software. To meet the growing demands of the industry and the need for designers and engineers to work together across geographically dispersed teams, the Plant Design Suite 2016 provides tools to support multi-discipline workflows and collaboration. With integrated design and documentation tools, as well as enhanced workflows with data management solutions, Plant Design Suite 2016 allows designers and engineers to efficiently design, collaborate and deliver on projects.
Key enhancements include:
- AutoCAD Plant 3D 2016: The latest release offers tight integration with Autodesk Vault** to help facilitate collaboration across multiple offices. The integration provides support for both Autodesk Vault replication as well as replication of the plant project database. Autodesk Vault manages plant project models, piping specifications and catalogs, and all the documentation to help make project administration of plant projects much easier and reduce administrative time.
- AutoCAD Plant 3D 2016 - New Features & listen to Ian Matthew discuss Autodesk Plant Design Suite 2016 in this podcast interview. Ian Matthew Podcast
Plant Projects can be fully managed using Autodesk Vault, allowing easier inter-office collaboration. Image courtesy of Autodesk.
- AutoCAD 2016 - Enhanced features specifically for the construction industry to help make it easier to coordinate, extract as-built information, and document your designs:
- Attach and view Navisworks models directly inside AutoCAD software, referencing the Navisworks model as you design to avoid potential design clashes. Take advantage of Navisworks’ vast file format support to bring models into AutoCAD from other applications, further integrating AutoCAD into a BIM workflow.
- Improvements to the drawing canvas in AutoCAD 2016 dramatically improve the visual accuracy seen on screen. AutoCAD 2016 takes full advantage of the latest graphics hardware to deliver a richer, yet faster, visual experience.
- Enhancements to PDF export performance and usability improves their use in communication with stakeholders. PDFs are smaller but maintain fidelity and are more searchable, retain hyperlinks, and can be attached to drawings more quickly.
- Integration with BIM 360 Glue is now made much easier for Plant projects. Image courtesy of Autodesk.
- Autodesk 2016 ReCap – Helps integrate captured data from a laser scans or photos into the design process enabling architects, engineers and contractors working on renovation projects to design in context and deliver high quality reports, drawings, 3D models and visualizations based on existing conditions. For infrastructure projects, ReCap can be used during the design process to visualize current project progress captured via laser scans or photos to help improve accuracy and reduce risk and errors by providing project stakeholders with vital information at the early design stage.
- AutoCAD MEP 2016: AutoCAD MEP 2016 is a new addition to the Suite which helps support faster and easier modeling of electrical raceways and ductwork in plant models within an AutoCAD framework.
Model electrical raceways and ducting with AutoCAD MEP. Image courtesy of Autodesk.
* BIM 360 is a cloud-enhanced collaborative construction management solution not included in the Autodesk Building Design Suite 2016, Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite, or Autodesk Plant Design Suite 2016. See product information and availability at http://www.autodesk.com/products/bim-360/overview.
**Autodesk Vault is a collaboration and data management software solution not included in the Autodesk Plant Design Suite 2016. See product information and availability at http://www.autodesk.com/products/vault-family/overview.